SOOMPI.com is a fast growing, young and fresh online community for Asian-Americans. Originally an Asian pop entertainment site, SOOMPI has grown to become one of the largest sites for Asian-Americans with over 25 million page views a month and a quarter million members. You will get first crack at an untapped market, armed with recent data which reflects the growing consumer power of Asian-Americans (an increasingly visible and influential demographic). You will be the first ad sales hire, so you will be responsible for setting up good internal systems and have tons of autonomy. We are looking for a go-getter that is comfortable with and has experience in building a sales force from the ground level.
What would you do?
• Identify and initiate contact with advertising prospects through cold calls and in-person presentations.
• Responsible for prospecting valid leads and logging clients into contact management system.
• Prepare sales presentation materials that show SOOMPI’s ability to meet advertiser’s goals.
• Analyze advertiser needs; help develop effective sales proposals; negotiate deals; and ensure successful delivery of advertising campaigns.
• Manage all communications, scheduling and approvals between SOOMPI and advertisers throughout the implementation process, including insertion orders; ad placement and merchandising.
Who are you?
• Just awesome. And you are a motivated person who is excited to work for a rapidly growing, promising start-up.
• Have at least 3 to 5 years of Internet sales experience including at least 2 or 3 years as a rep selling to major agencies and brands.
• Have tech, fashion, and/or entertainment (movies, music, dramas, video games) as part of your vertical expertise. Experience selling the 18-34 demographic are preferred.
• Strong track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
• Ability to leverage existing successful relationships through contact lists.
• Are able to work independently – as the first sales hire for SOOMPI, you will be helping to build the sales team.
• Strong communication skills (so no passive aggressive folks!)
You can live where ever you want – we are a company with people in Irvine, San Francisco and New York. There are company-wide conference calls on a twice a week basis and daily communication via email and IM. We are a small, energetic company where each employee is considered a major team player – your input will be expected and appreciated:) Compensation will be competitive with base salary plus commission and potential for stock options (we believe a rising tide raises all boats). Please send your resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.